REASON #2: Most People Do Not Eat Enough Of The Right Foods
- Do you get a minimum of five servings of vegetables and two servings of fruit each day?
- Do you eat enough proteins, containing all eight essential amino acids?
- How about the required oils and the daily recommendations for fiber?
- Even if our food was still nutritionally dense and unprocessed. most people do not get enough of the right foods to meet their bodies' demands for vitamins, minerals, fiber, fatty acids, and amino acids.
REASON #1: Food Is Not What It Use To Be
- Do we get all the nutrients we need from food? NO
- At one point in time when food was grown in the backyard, the nutritional value of food did provide the necessary health benefits.
- The soils were rich with minerals, and chemical pesticides had yet to be introduced.
- Fruits and vegetables were allowed to ripen and gain the maximum level of nutrients right in the vine, were they were then pick and almost immediately consumed.
- In today's society, soil has been overused and lacks in overall nutritional value, Fruits and vegetables are picked way too early and are ripen with ethanol gas while they sit in a dark truck traveling across the country. The chickens, cows, and goats are fed processed foods that are unnatural to their digestion which leads to sickness..
- There are several man made foods that are completely unrecognizable in nature, with added chemicals to preserve them, and the generic mutations made to plants in order to mass-produce crops.
Over the past decade, there has been an on-going debate as to whether nutritional supplements are actually necessary. Some studies claim that people who take a multivitamin are not any healthier than those who don't. Other studies have proved the time and time again that supplements have played an integral part in helping promote health and wellness. Vitamins and minerals rely on each other to work properly. Inappropriate intake of one substance can upset the function or absorption of another.
IMPORTANCE OF SUPPLEMENTATION
NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTAL SERVICES:
- As your healthcare provider, I will take a significant amount of time to thoroughly research the appropriate vital nutrients required to help you maximize your health and support specific health concerns. Naturopathic physicians concentrate on identifying and treating the underlying cause of disease, which is accomplished through the integration of many internal and external factors. Our training is extensively aimed at correcting the imbalance through nutritional counseling along with many of our various modalities.
- We offer a wide range of high quality pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements with ultimate bio-availability and effectiveness. These supplemental products are exclusive and are not available in your local health food stores.
- Nutritional Counseling for You and Your Entire Family Members! Given the abundance and conflicting nature of information now available about nutritional and dietary supplements, we are here to help sort the reliable information from the questionable.
- If you are interested in learning how supplementation can provide health benefits to you, call our office today or schedule an appointment online! WE ARE HERE TO GUIDE YOU TO A HEALTHIER YOU!
BASIC POINTS TO CONSIDER:
- In Summary, nutritional supplements are an essential element in the process of achieving optimal health. That said, it is also important to remember that supplements are just that: supplements.
- A well-rounded, clean diet is the best foundation to any healthy or healing lifestyle; however, supplements are there to fill in the gaps and address the needs that food alone can not meet the required demands.
- It is always best to check with a healthcare provider to help you select the best supplements for rejuvenating and restoring your health.
- Some supplements may interact with prescriptions and over-the-counter medications.
REASON #4: Environmental toxins create a higher demand for nutrients
- Our technological advances have brought on toxic overload.
- Cars, manufacturing plants, chemical pesticides, cell phones, radiation, household cleaning products, cosmetics, birth control pills, vaccination side effects...
- Because most of us probably will not trade in our cell phones or vehicles, we are in position of having to combat the negative effects our body experiences due to exposure of environmental toxins.
- Recurrent exposure to toxins, even in the form of excess stress, leads to a greater need for phytonutrients, antioxidants, and other immune boosting nutrients.
- Once again, we are placed in a situation where food alone may not be enough and we need supplements to assist the body or replenish cellular function in times of both chronic and critical exposure.
REASON #5: Today's Supplements Were Yesterday's Medicine
- Nutritional supplements have been used for the treatment of disease for centuries and have played an importantrole in optimizing health and healing.
- In the past, when an individual was in pain, they were not prescribed aspirin; they were given white willow bark. When a person had stomach acid, they did not talk Tums; they drank peppermint, apple cider vinegar or ginger tea.
- Today nutritional supplements are formulated in tablets, capsules, and powders rather than ground in our kitchen with a mortar and pestle, but ultimately, they are serving the same purpose.
REASON #3: New Diseases Are Linked On Nutrition Deficiencies
- The average life span is far greater than it use to be, thanks to the reduction of acute illness, such as the plaque of small pox.
- Instead, we live a long life but suffer from chronic and long-term illness, including arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, thyroid conditions, fibromyalgia, acid reflex disease, hormonal imbalances, depression and anxiety,.
- Some acute illnesses often require conventional medical treatment, where as chronic illnesses can frequently be linked back to a nutritional deficiency or digestive disorder.
- If the problem is due to lack of nutrition, then it would just make sense that the solution would be an increase in nutrition, which can be achieved with a good diet and the right supplementation.